Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rant: Dirty Public Restrooms

My husband drug me unwillingly to a local festival last weekend and I was disgusted by the bathroom situation. There were clusters of porta-potties everywhere but that wasn't good enough for me. I couldn't muster the strength to enter one of these shit holes (literally).

We finally found a real bathroom. It was made of concrete blocks and had the typical 20 ft line of women emerging out of the entrance door. My husband waited with me until a lady walked by and informed us that there was no toilet paper in the stalls. Drew went to the men's room and came out with a full roll. I didn't have the heart to tell him I would have just done without. Not knowing what to do, I ripped a piece off and passed the roll on to the women behind me.

After 15 minutes, I finally made it to the door but still had about six people in front of me. I looked in as a girl started yelling that one of the toilets was overflowing. She began dry heaving into her coat and I was out of there!

I will never go back to that event due to the bathroom situation.

I don't understand why the festival wouldn't have hired bathroom attendants? We have them at our local fair, which has way more people, and the bathrooms are more than acceptable.

Unless I am completely inebriated, I can not handle these situations.